Monday, September 12, 2011

Back To Hair

I thought I was finally making some much needed progress on the Do-it-yourself hair, but I was wrong.  Here's the long version of the story. I wrote it all up on wash day. I was so optimistic... and so wrong.

There's a strange chance I may be on to something this time around.  I had to take a moment to type up everything I did.  I hope I can replicate it.  Of course, I'm saying this before I even get to the styling portion.  BUT I'm just so freaking excited that the detangling process was a breeze.

Before getting in the shower, I sprayed my hair down with the Silken Child detangling leave in conditioner.  I let it stay on my hair maybe five minutes. I'm not sure because I wasn't really paying attention.  I was just trying this to be goofy.  Anyways when the water hit my hair, my hair was soft.  Normally it feels raggedy because I'm coming straight out of the braid out situation.

Next I shampooed one half of my head, pinned it up then tacked the other side.  I let the shampoo sit on there a few seconds then I rinsed out each side and washed again.  I got a really good lather on the second washing and left it on there for a full three minutes (I mean I counted out, 'one one-thousand...').  I'm starting to think this particular shampoo may not be best for me because it makes my hair a bit dry and tangled, but at least it got my hair clean this time.

Once I thoroughly rinsed out all of the shampoo, I applied a HEALTHY  amount of my deep conditioner to each half.  I stuffed it under two plastic bags and let it sit for a little over an hour while I chatted with my mother.  When I hopped back in the shower and rinsed the conditioner out, my hair felt soft, moisturized and DETANGLED.  I split each half into a fourth, which left me four sections.  Next, I used my wide toothed comb to gently detangle each section and braid. 

Before getting out of the shower I squeezed each section to try to get some of the water out.  Then I used a white tee-shirt to blot each section.  I sat for about ten minutes before I slathered on some Kinky Curly Leave-in. I pinned each section up, while I came to type this up.  Once I'm done with this, I'll hop in there and seal in the leave-in with some coconut oil.  I'll let it dry some more then I'll tackle the styling part.  I'm so hoping this is my break through.

It could be odd since I'm almost out of my shampoo and conditioner.  Yikes!

(I should add that even though I feel I got a good wash. My scalp doesn't feel the best.  It was a little itchy, but now it's feeling a bit better.  I don't know.  I'll re-visit this issue later.)

OMG!  I thought everything was going great.  My hair was looking shiny and detangled, then I put on all my crap for the braid out and it got tangled again and I couldn't french-braid it.  I know I'm tired and I probably should have waited until tomorrow to set my hair because I was mean and brutal to my hair.  I feel so bad about it.  I left a lot of soldiers on the floor.  I just pray that I've mastered the washing part and maybe, I'll begin to master the styling part.  I think I'm over the stupid braids! I think I'm going to buy some magnetic rollers and work on a roller-set.

I think I'm hurting my hair more than helping and I'm really disappointed.  I wanted to help my hair. NOT kill it.  The whole purpose of this journey was to save money and nurse MYSELF back to healthy hair, until I could afford to pay someone to help me.  This really just sucks:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment