Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

18 Weeks Post Relaxer

After my last wash session, all I could do was hide my
head and hug my dog.
Oh.My.Goodness--This entire situation is getting out of control.  Today's detangling session took FOR-ev-ER!  I  really don't know what to do. My hair proved that it would really like to become a dreadlock.  I found lots of big fat knots in the new growth area and they did not want to go.  So of course they took a few innocent by standers with them.  Between the shedding and breakage, I don't know if I'll have anything to transition to.  I know some folks would probably say that I should just cut it off and start from scratch, but I am pretty sure that is not in the cards for me. I don't want to wear a TWA the same way I don't want to wear the Halle Barry look.  That's just not me.

I am trying  to keep my eye on the prize: a decent length of healthy, natural hair for a great twist out. But OMG seeing so many soldiers leaving my head. I don't know what to do. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I read the blogs and they make it seem like this stuff is a breeze.  It is not. I think I detangled from 5:30p to 8:30p tonight. I was as gentle and patient as I could be and it still was not working out. Maybe what I choose to use as a detangler isn't right for me.  I have to do some more research. I am going to win this battle AND find a way to do something else on Sat besides just do my hair. Lord, I'm tired after I battle that stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment