Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Look What Came In The Mail

Soooo... my healthy, do-it-yourself hair journey came to a bit of a screeching halt with my press-n-curl.  I have not washed my hair in three weeks.  I know it's bad, but I just haven't had the time to tackle the issue. It takes me eight hours to wash, condition, deep condition, detangle and set my hair.  And no, that time does not include the actual hair drying time... but I digress.


A sample of Carol's Daughter's new Monoi conditioner came in the mail for me the other day. I was so excited.  I filled out something for it a couple of weeks ago and totally forgot about it.  I didn't think there was a chance I'd actually get a sample.




Well, this litter sucker is just under an ounce of glory.  It got me pumped up for this weekend's wash, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like a tease.  I really don't think there's enough product in this sucker for my entire head of hair.  However, beggars can't be choosers, right?

So!  I am armed with this sample that I may or may not use and my new dryer (hooray!).  I resisted the urge to buy a new styling product to set my beloved curlformers, but that didn't stop me from obsessing over ways to make the curlformer curls last longer.  I've looked over several girls' routines.  They all brush their setting product through each section of hair. I don't. I kind of just rub it on, so it's probably not distributed evenly.  I plan to change that this weekend.  Also, I plan to get an early start on the wash routine (before noon), but I may not be able to reach that goal because I have to take my car in for some work on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment