Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wash Day

It has been six months since my last relaxer and a little over four months, since I started doing my own hair.


This is my hair fresh out of the curlformers. I was quite impressed, but I took a nap later and... well... I wish I could sleep standing up.

Anyways, back to wash day.  Since my hair was straight there wasn't any drama over detangling and such. I parted my hair in six sections, sprayed down each one with water and applied my Design anti-itch shampoo.  It was alright I guess. My head isn't itching like crazy right now, but it didn't make my head tingle like the Influance dandruff shampoo did.

I let that shampoo sit on my scalp for about ten minutes, then I hopped in the shower. I rinsed out the anti-itch and applied Design's moisture retention shampoo.  I don't know what moisture it retains because my hair felt squeaky clean like a clarifying shampoo.  Honestly, my hair feels a bit better after I use the SheaMoisture.  BUT this was only my first use, so I can't really give a good review.

After I rinsed out the last of the shampoo, I applied a crap load of suave conditioner to each section to soften it up. I rinsed that out, applied ORS replenishing conditioner, detangled and braided each section, then sat under my new dryer for 15 minutes,

I decided to leave the braids in when I rinsed out the deep conditioner.  I'm not sure if that was the best idea because I'm not sure I rinsed it all out.  But I lost a lot less hair.

As you can see for the pic above, I used curlformers. I used the generic version of the chi serum, coconut oil and ORS gel to set them.  I sat under my new dryer off and on for a total of three hours and the darn things dried.  My hair looked shiny when I took the curlformers out.



I'm excited to see how long these curls hold up:-)

I would like to end by saying that I love my new Thermal Ionic BaByliss hair dryer. It's like I'm in a salon. It's just that I finished setting my hair so late that I could only sit under there for about two hours Saturday night. I thought they were pretty dry, but I was scared. Curlformers are NOT your friend when the hair isn't dry. So I sat under there for another thirty minutes Sunday morning to be sure. My hair was totally dry. Like I said, I really love my new dryer.  Now.. if I could actually reach my goal of starting my hair earlier in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment